Monday, November 22, 2010

A day of turkey crafts

Like I mentioned the other day, I have not been keeping up with what day it is and Thanksgiving seems to have snuck up on me.  So today I was determined to do turkey crafts since next week is too late.

First we made turkey hats to wear on Thanksgiving.  We made enough for the kids to wear on Thursday, including a mini turkey for Harper. 

10-11-22-7.jpg

10-11-22-6.jpg

10-11-22-9.jpg

10-11-22-1.jpg

Then we made a turkey mask with our leftover pieces from the hats.
10-11-22-11.jpg

10-11-22-21.jpg

Then we decorated our tree with stickers.  And he insisted on sticking the turkey to the window so I just stuck him in the tree.  Have you ever seen a turkey in a tree??  I have not, until today.
10-11-22-22.jpg

We also made handprint turkeys but they aren't dry yet and I didn't take pictures.  We made them last year so I pulled that one out and I can't believe how much bigger his hands are.  And it was so much easier to paint his fingers the different colors.  I remember being so frustrated last year but tonight he just stood there waiting while I painted.

1 comment: