This poor kid. Apparently she had broken her arm sometime in the last week or so and we had no idea. She only complained when she was getting dressed, and I assumed it was just her being an opinionated 2 year old who didn't want to stop and get dressed. But I finally called the doctor and the nurse said it sounded like a popped elbow and to bring her in the next day to have it popped back in, no big deal. Except when we went to the pediatrician his words were "Hmmm, I'm stumped." They sent us for an x-ray that showed she had a broken humerus up near her shoulder. So they sent us to orthopedics and they said it was a clean break that would heal nicely in the next 3 weeks. Because the break was so high on her arm she wouldn't need a cast and a sling would do. As for when she can stop wearing the sling? "Oh, whenever she decides she doesn't need it anymore." Umm, she is 2 years old?? Hahaha. So we shall see. She hates the sling and tells us "I'm all better now, I don't need this." She told the radiologist she "was all better and was ready to go home." It was a long (and probably really expensive) day but she is a total trooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment