Thursday, February 6, 2014

i hate snow

I am grumpy, its no secret.  We have had approximately 9485 snow days this year and I can't help but want to run into traffic at this point.  This week alone has been 3 snow days and a 2 hour delay day (and tomorrow so far is planned to be a 2 hour delay).  And when school is closed so is the Y's day care and classes are also cancelled.  I had no idea how good the gym was for my sanity until I couldn't go.  We even lost power just long enough tonight for us to be able to go out to dinner.  Thank heavens it was only for a short time because I suck at being Amish.

These pictures are from Monday's storm.   Jim took the big kids sledding at Brady's school and when they got home they started making snowmen.  I had a gift card at Christmas time and bought this super cute snowman kit from LLBean or LandsEnd (they are the same company to me).  And to think I thought we wouldn't get a chance to use it, haha.  I got the baby dressed and headed out to see their creations and give the baby some fresh air.

They worked so hard on these snowmen only to have them topple over and melt like 4 minutes after we went inside.  Oh and I would like to note that Harper came inside after sledding and stripped down and then immediately wanted to go back outside so I had to scrounge around to find dry stuff for her to wear here so that's why she looks like a homeless male surfer.
14-2-5-anothersnowday.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-8.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-10.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-11-2.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-13.jpg

I love that you can't see that I am wearing capri length workout pants and rain boots here.  And of course the neighbors came out at this exact time to see just how stupid I looked. 
14-2-5-anothersnowday-21.jpg

All 4 of us looking and smiling at the same time, I really wish Harper didn't look so homeless here.
14-2-5-anothersnowday-25-2.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-29.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-31.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-34.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-38.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-40.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-41.jpg

14-2-5-anothersnowday-44.jpg

And lastly here are 2 super quick videos of the kids from when they went sledding. Brady tried snowboarding for the first time and LOVED it.


And Harper went down head first, she is insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment