Sunday, April 9, 2017

look what i built

This was the view in Brady's old room last month.  I decided to build a desk from wall to wall in this space and love how it turned out.  But man oh man it took forever.  We kept running out of materials or time but it is finally done now.
Untitled

We had to take down the old wood wall when they knocked down the wall so we moved it over to this wall.  The desk is 10' wide by 2' deep.  I built a wood frame with 2x10s and a plywood top and then covered the plywood with a skim coating to make a faux concrete finish.  There were like 5986 pinterest tutorials and it was super cheap and quite easy.  I sealed it with a coat of poly and called it done.  We used IKEA step stools as the chairs because they are my favorite cheap option that allows you to hack.  I stained the tops of the stools to match the wall and painted the rest white because I love the contrast.  We now have 7 of these stools in this house, maybe I should be embarrassed by this fact??  Haha nope probably not.
Untitled

Untitled

Emerson got nothing out of the whole new construction deal and only asked that there would be a place for her to color.  And boy did we deliver.  She is thrilled with this space.  The other intention is for them to be able to do legos there and leave them out without being in my way which is what usually happens when they do legos on my kitchen counter.
17-3-31-4monthsold-2.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-5.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-6.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-10-2.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-12.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-14-2.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-17-2.jpg

17-3-31-4monthsold-20.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment