So a few highlights:
~I decided to do a snacks only party. Kids don't eat real food at parties, well except my kids they always eat multiple pieces of pizza at a party. So we did Gatorade and juice, soft pretzel tray, tons of candy, watermelon, and cupcakes. I told the parents at pick up that the kids ate only sugar at this party. Sorry, I'm not sorry!!
~I designed and ordered t-shirts for everyone with their names on the back and the #7 on each one to represent his 7th birthday. They were an absolute hit and took the place of a goodie bag (even though I despise those and wouldn't have done that anyway).
~Jim planned a bunch of activities for the kids like a football warm up thing. I don't know much about that stuff, like there was one of those ladder things that goes on the ground and the kids ran through those. There was a 40 yard dash too, and a sweet girl won that.
~I went to Home Depot and asked the paint lady for a chalk type spray paint. I told her I planned to spray paint a football field in my front yard and didn't want it to be permanent. She gave me a can and insisted it was chalk and would wash out. Nope, completely false that shit is still painted on our front lawn. Hahaha. At least its slowly growing out and should be gone by November at this rate.
~We borrowed a set of flag football belts so everyone had one. We played girls against boys with my being the girl captain and Jim was the boy captain. Jim made it so the boys didn't plow the girls over and THE GIRLS WON!! It was so so so fun, minus the 94% humidity.
~ We played for a while, then ate snacks and sang, and then went back to playing more. 16 sweaty kids running around your yard is not for the faint of heart. But we survived and everyone had a blast!!



A real genuine smile... I love it!! This was when his friends were singing to him.







And the cell phone pictures from that day...


This was the AFTER picture. After the kids all went home, we earned those beers for sure!!

Emerson showing off her referee outfit I made. It was a woman's tank top from Forever 21. I cut the straps off the top and sewed some bias tape to make a neckline and threaded some elastic through there. It turned out awesome and she was the cutest referred ever.




On Brady's actual birthday he went to school. So imagine my surprise when this popped up as an alert on my phone. I still don't know when he managed to set up this alert, haha. I love how its spelled wrong and all.

I had asked him earlier in the week what he wanted for dinner on his birthday and without a hesitation he picked going out for pizza. After pizza we walked over to Rita's to get water ice.

He really loves his baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment