Thursday, January 5, 2017

Sweet Finley Jane

On November 30th at 10:24am sweet Finley Jane was born.  She came out SCREAMING and had a head full of black curly hair.  She was 7lbs. 9oz. and 19" long.

I got Jim all set up with a camera to use for the morning of my csection and he practiced by taking unflattering pictures of my enormous self.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard.jpg

I have a similar picture of Emerson when she was pulled out and wanted another one.  Except Jim was too nervous to look over the sheet so only just snapped the picture and didn't realize they were still pulling her out.  Lukcily for your eyeballs its too bright to really see that she is still half inside.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-2.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-4.jpg

More super flattering pictures...
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-6.jpg

Once they pulled her out she was having a bit of trouble breathing so Jim wasn't able to go over to see her right away.  Which was fine because he stood by my head keeping me company while they finished up my surgery and tied my tubes.  Yes, I had my tubes tied so no need to wait for an announcement about baby #5.

When he finally got to go over and see her...
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-8.jpg

We had bet before the surgery how big she was- over or under Emerson's weight of 7lbs. 12oz.  I knew she was going to be under and Jim was sure she was going to be over.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-11.jpg

Seriously get a load of that hair!!
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-12.jpg

I love that they give you the baby to hold while you are still laying completely flat on the table.  Now mind you I had a blood pressure issue at the very beginning of the surgery and wasn't feeling that great and my arms were a bit numb.  But here is your baby to hold.  Ummm, no thanks.  I looked at her for a quick second and then decided I wasn't comfortable holding her and asked them to take her.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-14.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-17.jpg

So normally they take the baby out of the OR and Jim follows along.  This time we didn't think much of it that they took the baby and Jim stayed with me.  We went back to recovery where I was able to sit up a bit and eat some ice cubes and watch tv.  It wasn't for an hour or so that we began to wonder where the heck Finley was.  I still hadn't decided on her name and wanted to hold her.  Finally a NICU doctor came in to tell us she was still struggling with her breathing and they were going to keep her for a bit to monitor her.  I wasn't too upset since at this point my face started itching like crazy from the anesthesia and I wasn't totally upright yet.  They moved me to the maternity wing after a while and I was still waiting to meet this baby, but munched on popsicles and watched tv with Jim.  Finally about 3 hours after she was born I was able to convince a nurse to bring her in so I could hold her to my chest to maybe help things along.

Finally got my baby...
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-19.jpg

Nan and Mimi came about that time to meet Finley...
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-22.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-23.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-25.jpg

Jim went home to pick everyone up at school since I scheduled my csection on a day when all 3 were in school.  He brought them all back to meet Finley and here is one of my favorite pictures from her birth... all 3 looking to see if the nurse was bringing her to my room.  Neither of us can remember now why the hell she was back in the nursery, but she was and it took what felt like forever for them to give her back.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-38.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-39.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-40.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-41.jpg

Passing the time wrestling.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-44.jpg

Of course the queen of the sisters got to hold her first.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-49.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-50.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-52.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-56.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-57.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-58.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-59.jpg

He was so excited.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-60.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-61.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-62.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-65.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-67.jpg

I love this picture, he was looking at the big kids and just looks happy.  Jim doesn't show much emotion so that's probably why I love this picture.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-68.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-75.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-76.jpg

He was showing them her tiny little feet.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-79.jpg

The kids loved the snack area in the hospital and here he is showing off his milk mustache haha.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-83.jpg

Mema and Pepa came to visit...
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-84.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-85.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-87.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-89.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-90.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-92.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-95.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-96.jpg

My face was so so itchy at this point it almost itches now just thinking about it.
16-12-4-finleyxmascard-97.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-100.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-102.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-105.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-106.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-112.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-113.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-116.jpg

16-12-4-finleyxmascard-118.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment