Monday, January 2, 2017

two house projects

When I nest at the end of my pregnancy I do house projects.  I'm typically so huge that I can't really clean so I craft and build.  When I was pregnant with Emerson I installed board and batten in my entryway.  This time around wasn't much different.

I have been wanting to install a sliding barn door in the space between my bedroom and vanity area so I can get dressed and ready without an audience.  We went out one Saturday to my favorite junk store that also has a salvage yard full of doors and windows.  We luckily found the perfect door for the space full of hardware and interesting features.  The door only cost me $45 and I bought the sliding track on Amazon for the same price.  We had a Mother's helper here at the house the day we installed this so we were able to get it hung in under 2 hours.  That's a record for us, usually jobs take like 93 times longer than I expect.

Anyway, onto the pictures...
16-11-29-thanksgiving.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-12.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-5.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-10.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-8.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-3.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-9.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-2.jpg

The 2nd house project:

I also finally came up with what I wanted on this wall in my kitchen. It has been empty since the kitchen reno was completed well over 2 years ago. My dad supplied the dirty beat up flag and I whipped up the frame one afternoon. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out and it was the perfect addition to my kitchen.

16-11-29-thanksgiving-2-2.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-10-2.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-4.jpg

16-11-29-thanksgiving-6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment