Wednesday, March 13, 2013

nose meet foot

This morning the kids were doing their normal thing... play/fight/play/fight, you know.  Harper whines and cries a lot when she doesn't get her way so its normal to hear her screeching and wailing.  But when I heard a thud and a shriek this morning I knew she was actually hurt.  I ran out of the laundry room to find Brady with a super guilty look on his face and a screaming Harper who was holding her nose.  It was hard to get a straight story from them but it involved Brady's foot and Harper's nose.  Something about her going too fast on her pillow pet racer and his foot hitting her nose, he claims he was trying to help her... haha.  He was so upset because I was so upset so it made it even more difficult to get the story.

This of course happens about 15 minutes before we need to leave to take him to school.  She could not get herself together and I let her bring her blanket in the car for the ride (which I never do).  She spent the whole ride with the blanket over her head whimpering.  When we got home I sat her on the couch with the blanket and a cheese stick.  She yelled out a few minutes later that she was done but I was not in the room with her and said I would be back in a minute.  Well a minute later I come back through the living room and find this....

13-3-13-couchnap-3.jpg

My kids DO NOT sleep anywhere but their beds.  And there she was passed out on the couch all wrapped up in her blanket.  Such a sweet baby.  The dogs slept right below to protect her, I think they knew she was upset because its not like them to stay still for so long and the UPS guy even came to the door and they didn't move.  She slept for over an hour and a half which meant I couldn't do my normal nap routine which involves me laying on the couch watching tv, but at least the house is clean now.  I won't be surprised if she is sporting 2 black eyes tomorrow morning because her nose is black and blue and looks pretty gross.

13-3-13-couchnap-4.jpg

I really didn't expect her to sleep very long and was kind of worried because she didn't have a diaper on.  But she did great and stayed dry and even switched sleeping positions.  This one did NOT look comfortable.
13-3-13-couchnap-6.jpg

13-3-13-couchnap-10.jpg

13-3-13-couchnap-9.jpg

And since this is a whole post about Harper I want to add that she has been 100% dry for the last 2 days.  And then today she even started just going on her own without announcing it to us and making us come with her.  She comes out and tells me she went potty so I go back to empty the frog and its actually empty.  I ask them where the pee is and she says "I flushed it."  Hahaha, she even emptied the potty and flushed it.  I told her to please leave that for me to do (since there was now pee all over the floor and the floors had just been cleaned, but whatev) but great work.  Way to go Sis!!  You are awesome even if you refuse to let me buy you the sparkly jelly shoes from the Gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment