I made it through almost 2.5 years without having to be the parent holding Brady down for shots. Jim always comes to all the visits. Well today I had to hold both of my babies down for shots and it wasn't fun. Harper was up first and screeched for a quick second and went back to her milk. Then they brought Brady into the room. I wasn't really even thinking, I just lifted him up on the table and started undoing his pants. He looked at me completely serious faced and said "what are you doing with my pants?" I didn't even think that he was old enough to know something was going on. So I told him he was getting a shot in the leg, it would hurt, but not for long. He barely flinched and asked for my phone to watch a show. Smart kid. I find myself forgetting just how big he is and just how small she is. I changed his diaper at the doctors and found myself being careful of his umbilical cord stub. Ummmm jackass, he doesn't have a cord stub. I have approximately 4 days to get my shit straight because I will be on my own, here's to hoping that miracle happens. And I have yet to pack a complete diaper bag. I don't do well with not enough sleep, that's for damn sure. Some pictures from tonight. I swear each day I am going to take more pictures and then I float through the day in a fog and forget.
He is still so in love with her. He wants to hold and hug her all the time.
Showing off his bandaid from his flu shot.
Princess's bandaid. It was almost as big as her whole leg. Brady liked that it was sparkly.
Look at those chicken legs. This little peanut needs to gain back some weight. We go back on Friday for another weight check, hopefully by then she is packing on the pounds.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment