Monday, November 7, 2011

13 months old

OK, lets just pretend I took these pictures and posted this blog last Friday on her actual 13 month birthday.  OK??  Great!!

So, let me just start out by saying I feel like I don't have much to write for this month's update because I seriously feel like it was just a few days ago that she turned a year.  How could she possibly learn more or grow since a few days ago??  (ok, now I am done my post and realize I came up with plenty of updates, haha, this post is practically I novel)

She is wearing anything from 9 months-18 month clothing.  She refuses to keep her socks on unless she is wearing shoes.  She is getting better about wearing a winter hat but still will pull it off after a while.  She wears size 2 shoes and size 4 diapers.

She is cruising all over, standing all by herself for a long periods of time, and if she wasn't so happy to crawl could totally walk if she wanted to.  She will take a few steps here or there but refuses to walk.  She will stand around, take a step or two, and then cautiously sit back down.  She love to push things around, her doll stroller, chairs, the Lightning McQueen car, etc.  She crawls so fast and now loves to climb on stuff.  She tries climbing up on the step stools in the house, which has resulted in quite a few bruise filled spills.  She LOVES sitting in his everywhere chair and is pretty careful about getting on and off.  She will try to climb on the couch using my legs as a step and thinks she is so funny when she makes it up there.

She is still quite the flirt... waving and smiling at everyone who will look her way.  She adores the kids at Brady's school and gets so excited to see them each morning.  She doesn't mind at all when they get up in her face and play with her.  She will happily let any of the teachers hold her and sometimes doesn't want to come back to me.

She has started babbling a ton now and will look at people and just jabber away and then look at them like "why don't you know what I am talking about?"  I know once she starts talking for real I am really in trouble.  She already "talks" too much so combined with Brady's incessant talking my head nearly explodes multiple times a day.

She loves the tub and makes a huge wet mess each night.  She still has just 4 teeth.  She LOVES her binky and doesn't seem to interested in getting rid of it.  She isn't snuggly at all.  She is getting much better at sitting on your lap at night to read books.  We sit together with Brady on her chair and read a few each night together.

Her hair is just so awful right now.  Its thin and so different in length all over and now that its dry out she has no curl to it making it look even worse.  I am close to shaving her head and starting over again. OK, maybe not but I have thought about it multiple times.  She totally has a baby mullet, the kind I used to judge.  But I keep hoping she will wake up one morning and it wont look so bad.  Yeah, that hasn't happened.  One morning we took Brady to school and one of the little boys walked up to her and said "wow, your hair is CRAZY this morning!!"  Any suggestions to ease this transition from baby mullet to little girl hair???  I even tried my hair products but they only helped for 10 minutes.  Ugh!  Do they make hair products for babies??

She transitioned to milk like a total champ.  She drinks a ton each day which is the total opposite from Brady.  She eats great and is willing to try anything still.  She isn't great about feeding herself on the go, which I can't wait for that to get better.

And lastly, she now gives kisses.  She has the cutest flirty kissy thing she does which I just can't get enough of.  When you ask for a kiss she makes the kissy face and goes in for a kiss and then throws her head back laughing and kissing the air.  Its so cute!! And probably hard to explain.  Maybe I will try to get it on video.

Jim's input for the month: 
"Wow.  (no Jim I need more than that).  She has now started to give kisses.  She loves to dance by convulsing her body.  She is more manly than her brother and dove face first into the pumpkin.  It blow my mind that she is not interested in TV.  I miss feeding her bottles in the morning.  She needs a haircut.  Her hair is halfway down her back and is a mullet, an awful looking mullet.  But cutest mullet in the world."

That was my favorite Jim's input yet, haha.

I forgot to take her pictures Friday and Saturday and then we were gone all day Sunday but I think subconsciously I just didn't want to have to take them.  She is a total nutcase and tries to fling her body off the chair.  So I will say she surprised me this month and actually did pretty well.  She only fell off the chair head first a few times and didn't even cry when she did.
11-11-7-13monthsold.jpg

11-11-7-13monthsold-12.jpg11-11-7-13monthsold-19.jpg11-11-7-13monthsold-21.jpg

This is her talking to me.
11-11-7-13monthsold-15.jpg

Giving her brother the stink eye.
11-11-7-13monthsold-17.jpg

He threw her bunny at her and she was so happy!!
11-11-7-13monthsold-23.jpg

And then decided to yell at him, haha.  This picture is such a perfect representation of her at this point in her life. 
11-11-7-13monthsold-28.jpg

11-11-7-13monthsold-31.jpg11-11-7-13monthsold-35.jpg11-11-7-13monthsold-44.jpg

She kept dropping that little turtle of the chair and he would put it back up on the chair.  She would drop it and then lay down and stare at it.  This went on more times that I could count.
11-11-7-13monthsold-38.jpg

And then since he was such a great helper I let him get up there with her.  He found a dumdum in the car on the way home from the park and was still nursing it.
11-11-7-13monthsold-55.jpg

Trying to hold her on the chair, it didn't work.
11-11-7-13monthsold-58.jpg

11-11-7-13monthsold-59.jpg

11-11-7-13monthsold-64.jpg

11-11-7-13monthsold-68.jpg

He says "Mom, I am going to make a funny face and you take my picture."  Click.  "Did you get it?  I made a face like this."
11-11-7-13monthsold-71.jpg

I was trying to get another foot comparison but for some reason ::ahem, Harper wouldnt sit still coughcoughcough::  I couldn't get a good shot.  Oh well, maybe next month.
11-11-7-13monthsold-74.jpg

11-11-7-13monthsold-75.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment