Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Look what I made overload

I have been taking pictures of crafts we made and things I crafted recently but never got around to posting them, oops.  Here is a total overload of crafts we have made in the last month or two.

I added a few things to his craft corner:
11-11-1-crafts-3.jpg

11-11-1-crafts-4.jpg

I had been planning on making these initial crayon monograms in the summer when Target had packs of crayons for CHEAP.  Well I didn't buy enough and before I knew it Target had no school supplies left and I was stuck.  They finally restocked at I was able to make them.  I used IKEA shadow box frames and LOVE how they turned out!!
11-11-1-crafts-7.jpg

11-11-1-crafts-10.jpg

I saw this idea back in August and have been looking for the perfect corkboard at a thrift shop but could not find one I liked.  So I found one in an even better place... a pile in my garage.  So this project didn't cost me a single cent.  Little Blue Boo has an easy to follow tutorial and I followed it exactly.  I even got to use my Silhouette for once.
11-11-1-crafts-8.jpg

The pins represent all the places Brady has been to.  Looks like we need to leave the northeast, huh?  We do have a pin on Orlando, but that's it.  Anyone in another state want to invite us for a visit??  As I was assembling the map parts Brady was there with me asking questions.  He would ask me what state it was (which sadly I didn't always know the answer to).  So I would tell him Texas and he would ask who lives there.  I had to tell him "we don't know anyone there" for pretty much every state.  Those states could very well be outer space in his mind.
11-11-1-crafts-9.jpg

Here are 3 crafts we made last year but I pulled out for decorating purposes.  Footprint ghosts, thumbprint spiders, and stain glass apples.
11-11-1-crafts-11.jpg11-11-1-crafts-12.jpg11-10-24-crafts-22.jpg

Last Halloween I really wanted to make this candy corn bunting but just never got to it.  I whipped it up last week and whipped it up I mean I cursed like hell and wished I never started.  But once I figured out an easier way of cutting them out I was better off.  Not the best picture but you get the idea.
11-10-24-crafts-2.jpg

I think this is my favorite Halloween craft this year, candy corn man!!  How cute is he?  Brady also loved making this and had so much fun making him dance and move.
11-10-24-crafts-5.jpg

We also made THESE but I guess I never took pics of them. Turned out really cute, minus Harper's mutant handprint.

This is one Brady picked from Pinterest.  You hole punch the paper and put a sandwich baggie filled with them sandwiched between the sheets of paper.  When you shake it up the "leaves" fall.  Very cute!!
11-10-24-crafts-9.jpg

This was a cute one that Brady LOVED!!
11-10-24-crafts-10.jpg

This one was one of my favorites at the end of the summer.  We did each kid's foot.
11-10-24-crafts-13.jpg

We did these after our beach vacation and they turned out so cute!!  Each kid made one.
11-10-24-crafts-14.jpg

I saw this idea in Family Fun magazine, blow paint monsters.  I globbed some paint on and he used a straw to blow the paint around.  Once dry glue on some eyes and now that I look they really could use a mouth for the monsters.
11-10-24-crafts-16.jpg

This year to go along with our stain glass apple we made a pumpkin and a candy corn(no picture of that one, oops).  I cut out the black outline and we ripped up the orange paper to fill it all in.
11-10-24-crafts-19.jpg

I took this paper down to take pictures against the chalkboard but this is what his paper usually looks like after a few days.
11-10-24-crafts-20.jpg

I saw this idea in Better Homes and Gardens and I love it!!  I printed out their template on white cardstock, outlined in with a black sharpie, cut it out, and then laminated it.  I put magnets on the back of each one and we have enjoyed moving the body parts around.  I highly recommend making this.
11-10-24-crafts-21.jpg

I made these candy corns and laminated them and we have used them for a lot of different activities.  This one I labeled them with numbers and he put the appropriate number of candy corns on them.  We also did patterns and drew on them with dry erase markers.  They were worth the effort and he loved them.
11-10-16-pumpkinsthanks-11.jpg

11-10-16-pumpkinsthanks-7.jpg11-10-16-pumpkinsthanks-2.jpg11-10-16-pumpkinsthanks.jpg

We are going to get started on some fall/turkey crafts this week, Brady has been perusing Pinterest and picking what he wants to make. He is such a nut!!

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love all the wonderful crafts Lauren! Brady must be having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete