On Tuesday morning following the Monday Night Football Eagles game, Jim must have told him the Eagles lost. So when I woke up he said "Mom, the Eagles lost last night. Dad is sad."
We were driving in the right lane of a highway and my lane slowed up because of people exiting. Brady sees this and says "oh man." I asked him what he was talking about and he says "well you slowed down and now we are losing the race against those cars." (pointing to the cars in the left lanes whizzing by) I had to explain to him that no matter how aggressive and fast I drive it is not in fact a race.
At Chilis on Monday night for dinner, just me and the kids:
"My brother lives in Journal Square." (insert huge WTF face from me)
then a little while later on the drive home "My brother's name is Mr. Work and he works a lot. When I become a man I will move to Journal Square with my brother." (Journal Square is a section of Jersey City btw.)
Me: You are my favorite boy in the world. Who is your favorite Mom?
Him: You are!!
Me: Who is your favorite Dad?
Him: Jim.
I just love that he calls him Jim, mostly because it seriously chaps Jim's ass.
We were in Petsmart and I had to use the bathroom (because its one of the few places I know we all fit in the bathroom safely ie: Brady won't feel the need to lay on the floor or open the tiny trashcan in the stall.) So we leave the bathroom and get in line to buy our dog food and he asks me (very loudly) "Mom, did you pee or poop in the bathroom?" I could only laugh because otherwise I would have cried.
I forgot to pick out his clothes one night so in the morning Jim was stuck picking out clothes in front of Brady, meaning he was there to offer up his opinion. Jim picked a lime green shirt with a dinosaur on it and Brady said "I don't want that one, its girly." Nope, not even close to being girly dude.
"Mom, do you know who my husband is?" I couldn't even respond to that one.
We had to have a talk about how people have different color skin and everyone is different. I equated it to how everyone has different colored eyes, hair, shirts, etc. So we are riding bikes down the street having this talk and he says. "Let's stop and talk about necks. Everyone has a different neck." And yes, we did stop and talk about people having different necks.
"You know that McQueen thing that holds an iPhone? God is going to give me one because god is great. He is good to every boy not every girl. When they don't clean up he will be sad. God is going to put a toy in the garage for me."
Jim asked Brady to go find a binky for Harper. Brady brought one into the room and said "here you go Jimbo!" Haha, I am so glad first name calling is back. Jim is not happy.
chocolate milk mustache. ahhhhhhh. dude got a shiner, you should see the other guy. fabric cutting assistant. don't touch my fries Brady. kissy sissy.






this never gets unfunny to me. PB&Co. lunch. bedtime books. it looks like a crayon. go eagles. milk drool.






friends. fruit pouch. kids eat free. sissy slides. self-portrait. cookie date






cars on a racket. dude can sew. someone needs new socks. big girl. mommy made my shirt. pure and total deliciousness.






And Harper learned to blow kisses!!

No comments:
Post a Comment