Sunday, July 1, 2012

fish

My kids are part fish, I swear.  Well maybe just rockfish, but they sure do love the water.  Even after drinking 47.3 gallons of pool water they were still having a blast.

At our swim club there is a tube slide that goes into the 12ft.  One day Brady and I were there and on the walk back from the bathroom he started climbing the ladder to go on the slide.  I told him he had to be able to swim without a floatie thing before he could.  He started insisting he could swim.  We went into the 3ft. where he promptly sunk to the bottom.  Yeah dude.... you can't swim.  Not even close.  We worked a bunch that day and then again today.  He really tries hard and just keeps at it.  I think he will be swimming by the end of the summer.

And then there is her.  Much like everything else in life, she has no fear.  She jumps right in and promptly sinks to the bottom.  But her sinking is very calm and serene where he thrashes around while sinking to the bottom.  Haha.  What fun!!  After teaching swim lessons for so many years its weird to be teaching my own kids how to swim.  Damn, I feel old.  Oh and I must say, Harper did such an awesome job listening and waiting her turn.  I was shocked at how well she listened.  You can see her waiting in the video down below.

Pool time.



No comments:

Post a Comment