Thursday, July 26, 2012

melt my heart

Today my brother was here for a visit and when he left they always run to the door to say goodbye.  Today Brady wanted to go outside the front door so Tom could hear him yelling "drive carefully Uncle Tommy, motorcycles aren't safe."  (can you tell I have been talking about how dangerous motorcycles are??  I also told him he wasn't allowed to drive one until he was 38)

Anywho, he goes out and of course she does too.  They sit on the steps and are watching Tom getting on his bike to leave.  I had walked away for a minute and come back to find them sitting there giggling while Brady has his arm around her.  I seriously thought I was going to melt onto the entryway floor.  He is such a doting brother.  He makes such a fuss over her all.the.time.  When she gets dressed in the morning he will see her and say "Oh Sis, you look so cute!!" or she will cry and he will run up to help her and hug her. 

I have always said he was such a great big brother but really.... he didn't do much to earn that title.  Yeah, I guess I could say it was because he didn't try to smother her as a baby, never threw stuff at her, and never once did he try to toss her out of the crib.  But now.... he is such a sweet boy with her.  He holds her hand whenever walking somewhere, like a store or outing.  He reads to her and plays with her whenever she will allow him to.  He encourages her when she is learning a new skill.  He tries to teach her new words and is so proud of her when she says the new words.

And the newest thing he does to make my heart hurt... he kisses her and hugs her before bedtime.  We have been reading books in his bed before bed.  When its time for Harper to leave he pulls her in for a hug and as many kisses as she will give him.  I cry every time I see it, its that sweet.

I guess you could say that I love him like crazy and am so proud of the boy he is becoming.  And Sis.... yeah she eats up the attention. OK, sorry I got so sappy there for a minute, but he is just getting so big and I love him so much.  Enjoy the pictures I took of them sitting out front on the steps watching Tom leave.  Best part was they didn't know I was watching them and taking pictures.

(ok, I am so embarrassed by the state of my front door window. I tried taking pictures in the clean parts, but hot damn those dogs make the window FILTHY)
12-7-26-cuteness.jpg

At this point he turns to her and says "Hey Sis, next Tuesday we are going to a pajama party at the library."  I love that he talks to her like his best buddy and like she even gets when he is saying.
12-7-26-cuteness-4.jpg

But then he noticed she had a booger in her nose and he was telling her how gross she was, all while having his arm around her.  Haha.
12-7-26-cuteness-5.jpg

12-7-26-cuteness-10.jpg

12-7-26-cuteness-11.jpg

12-7-26-cuteness-12.jpg

12-7-26-cuteness-13.jpg

I seriously just got choked up seeing this one again.
12-7-26-cuteness-15.jpg

12-7-26-cuteness-17.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment