The kids left on Friday afternoon and Jim and I got right in the car to go to Camden to the XPN concert festival. Two of our favorite bands were playing on Friday night, The Lumineers and Dawes. It was an awesome venue where we enjoyed the music sitting in lawn chairs surrounded by our fellow hippies. And the best part of about hanging out with hippies is they make the port-a-potties smell like patchouli. Oh and Jim and I tried a new beer (which if you know us you would know we hate trying other beers) Flying Fish Summerale and it didn't suck. We won a few pins, a pencil, and a blow up ball for the kids. Very fun and I would love to go back next year. (I guess I didn't take a single picture that night, that's not like me at all.)
Saturday morning we were up pretty early considering there were no kids here. We went to our favorite breakfast place to enjoy a quiet and delicious meal. We did some shopping on the way home (the Gap and an antique shop I have been wanting to go to) and then I went to swim laps at the pool. I was the first person in the pool and enjoyed the whole place to myself for the first bit which was great. I am up to 80 laps a workout which isn't too shabby at all. Back home to get ready to head into the city. We hit up Reading Terminal Market for DiNics roast pork sandwiches and West Elm for some new light fixtures!!! We may have been a tad late to the Phillies game but that's ok because I don't have much of an attention span anyway. We enjoyed $94 beers(ok maybe they were $7.25 but still) and when the game was damn near over we walked over to Xfinity Live to check it out. We lucked out and Jim saw someone from work so beers were on him (and his corporate card!!) I guess we were feeling young and carefree and ended up in Manayunk on a bar crawl way past our bedtime. And that my friends is possibly why I am still dragging 48 hours later.
us at the game.

miller lite punch top cans... stupid idea. although it did go down really smooth, almost too smooth as seen by the amount of times Jim choked on his beer.


Sunday morning we were up early again to go to breakfast (never know when you can go back) and went to pick up the kids. After a steak lunch and some outlet shopping we left to drive to Lancaster to see a free concert by one of our favorite bands from Friday night, Dawes. It was a huge amphitheater and I packed some fun stuff for the kids. The enjoyed the blow up ball I won on Friday night and glow sticks I remembered to find at the house. We had a great time just enjoying the music and the kids didn't drive us crazy at all, who would have thought??

these pictures were taken like .4 seconds apart... these kids can not sit still.


these are Brady's really awesome pictures he took. he took a few and then hands Jim the phone. he says "did you see the really awesome one?" yeah, he was referring to that completely blurry one, haha.



If it seems like we jammed a ton into this weekend its because we did. What a great time!! Thanks MeMa and PePa!!! Next time you take the kids I promise to back better. I guess I was too excited to ship them off I forgot a few favorite things the kids needed, oops.

No comments:
Post a Comment