Friday, August 21, 2015

camping

Every year we make our summer fun checklist and somehow "sleep in a tent end up on the list."  And yet we have never actually checked that off.  Earlier in the spring I mentioned to a friend this phenomenon and she said she would book us a campsite and we would all go camping together.

Ummmm, not exactly what i had in mind since I...
a:)hate the outdoors
b:)don't like being uncomfortable when I sleep 
c:)hate the outdoors especially the dark and bugs

But I did it and we all had a lot of fun.  We got to French Creek State Park a short bit after lunch time on a Saturday at the end of July.  We got our sites set up and then decided to go play disc golf (since that was also on our checklist).  Once we got to that part of the park we found out there was a tournament and we couldn't play right then.  We decided to hit up the playground (because that was also on our checklist- we checked a bunch of stuff off on this trip, score!!).  We then went back to our site to eat dinner and smores (another checklist item) and get ready to walk to the nature talk.  It was beyond lame so we headed back for bed.  The adults stayed up a bit later to eat more smores and drink a few beers.  

At this point I think it was nearly 11 and my kids were still awake, nope not at all interested in that, so we decided to just go to sleep ourselves.  Jim laughed at me but I suggested we bring the couch cushions from our Pottery Barn outdoor bed.  That thing pretty much never gets used at home so i may as well get some use from it when we camp.  This turned out to be the best idea because I didn't even know I was sleeping on the ground and actually got a decent night sleep.  Well minus the dog barking and the car alarm going off.  The kids were up even before the ass crack of dawn, not at all surprised by that one.  We woke up, had breakfast, packed up, and finally headed to play disc golf.  After disc golf we went down to the lake to rent canoes and paddle around the lake.  We totally could have skipped this part (if you ask my opinion).  At this point we were all pretty much wiped out and so we headed back home to pick up Emerson.  She stayed with Mimi and surely didn't miss us for a second.  

I would absolutely do this again but probably only with friends like the Wilsons because they know how to camp.  We just showed up with the stuff we were told to bring, a tent, and sleeping bags.

Now onto the pictures:
15-8-9-bigcamera-3-3.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-7-3.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-12.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-8-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-10-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-14-3.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-15-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-17-2.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-18.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-20-2.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-22-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-23-2.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-24.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-27-2.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-30-2.jpg


15-8-9-bigcamera-46-3.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-49.jpg


15-8-9-bigcamera-50.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-52-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-67.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-70.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-71.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-72-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-74.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-76.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-83-3.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-85.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-86.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-87.jpg15-8-9-bigcamera-88-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-89.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-91-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-95-2.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-96.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-97.jpg

15-8-9-bigcamera-100-2.jpg

And the rest of these pictures are from my cell phone.

Us the next morning....  most of us were plenty happy still.
These 4 people survived a camping trip last night where we all shared a tent. Kids are ready to come back next week and I'm thinking once a year is too often. πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦⛺️🍻

On our way to the nature talk, still smiling.  Little did we know we were about to be bored to tears.
Untitled



Untitled

Untitled

Someone needed to be ejected from the disc golf game to go take a break.  She passed right out and I enjoyed the silence.
Untitled

And speaking of the summer fun checklist here it is on my rainbow board.  I didn't mean for this board to only have rainbows on it but apparently thats what I gravitate to.
Untitled

Close up of the checklist for this year.
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment