Wednesday, January 4, 2012

15 months old

I never expected anyone to notice that I didn't post a 14 month picture update last month, but apparently some of you did.  I decided sometime after she turned 13 months I would stop taking the monthly pictures.  She just sucks at taking pictures that are forced and set up and its just painful to try to get her to cooperate and not fling herself off the chair head first.  But my insane mommy guilt kicked in and I ended up taking her 14 month pictures but decided to no longer blog the monthly updates.  Instead I wrote it in a journal.  Newsflash.... handwriting is for the birds.  I would much rather type out a few paragraphs than write in a journal.  Sooooooo I'm back for a 15 month update here on the blog.  Consider that lesson learned, I will take these pics until she is 2, post monthly updates on the blog, and then STOP!!

OK, so onto all things BooBoo.  Where to start???

She eats like a fool, hence the # of chins and leg rolls she has.  She still doesn't drink much during the day besides her milk.  She begs for snacks constantly these days which is making me batty.  I don't want to permanently install baby proofing on the kitchen cabinets because we are just renting, but I am close to losing my mind and insisting Jim do that this weekend.

She goes into that snack cabinet and proceeds to bring me box after box of snacks and then flips her lid when I say no to cookies at say... 8:42am.  She still sits in her booster high chair with a tray but sometimes at dinner we let her sit right at the table.  She isn't great about using a plate or bowl yet (without flipping it or throwing it) and she makes a mess so its just easier to have her use a tray.  She insists on holding a spoon or fork and tries to use them but mostly eats with her fingers while holding the utensil. 

She does a pretty good job entertaining herself around the house.  But... she her main mission in life is to pick things up, carry them to another room, and leave them there.  I found train table pieces in my bathroom, balls in the book bins, books from her room in the living room, and this morning I found a finger puppet stuffed into my Ugg.  Its just plain annoying sometimes but appreciate her playing alone at times.  She doesn't seem to miss Brady in the morning when he is at school, which is good.

She still naps twice a day, once pretty early in the morning and once in the late afternoon.  Its funny because at this point Brady was down to just one long nap a day in the afternoon and she seems to be no where near this point.  She pretty much refuses to nap on the go anymore.  I think she is afraid to miss something.  My mom will tell you she knew another little girl like that ;)

She makes the silliest faces and arches her eyebrows higher than anyone i have ever seen.  She loves playing peek-a-boo.  She is obsessed with climbing all over the couch and trying to walk on it which doesn't always work out.

She absolutely LOVES brushing her teeth and will ask to do so anytime we go near the bathroom.  Just another thing I find all over the house.  She loves playing with the Shake n Go racers and does a great job shaking them up.  She loves marshmallows, abc cookies, and cheese sticks.  She loves yobaby yogurt with the pictures on the babies on them. She loves drinking the dirty tubby water.  She loves her brother so much and lets him pretty much do whatever he wants to her, which includes trying to ride on her like a pony.  She likes to sit and look at books for .2 seconds and especially the ones with textures or pictures of babies.  She loves putting sunglasses on and off but won't wear them for any longer than she reads books.

She doesn't say much yet, but I am not worried.  She says Mom, Dad (yes, you read that right, mom and dad not momma dada.  and she yells our names too like a teenager, ugh), ahhh ba (like ahhhhh baby while cuddling a doll), thank you which I couldn't even pretend to type out the sounds for that word just trust me that you would never understand it and only me and Jim sometimes do, hi and an occasional bye (die-die).  She also makes a woof sound at the dogs when I take her down there to feed them and she stands there are their crates barking at them, I am sure if it weren't for the constant throwing of food they would hate her.

Jim's input for the month: 
Sissy is walking everywhere, as well as starting to get silly. Funny faces, funny noises, being bull headed. Starting to drop food but also feed herself.

Edit to add:  We went to the pediatrician a week after this post.  Her stats are 23.6lbs (59th%), 31 inches long (68th%), and 48.5cm head (high, haha, she wasn't even on the chart.  they measured her 3 or 4 times and couldn't believe just how huge her head is.  Poor baby.)

12-1-4-15monthsold-120.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-6.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-50.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-53.jpg

I feel the same way Sis.
12-1-4-15monthsold-116.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-117.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-121.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-13.jpg

And lastly... some bloopers.  Who doesn't love a stink eye queen blooper??
12-1-4-15monthsold-4.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-5.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-56.jpg

1 comment: