Tuesday, January 17, 2012

another blog vacation

It seems to be a trend around here.  I took another blog vacation this weekend because I was surrounded by vomit, snot, and whine.  Yes, I meant whine, not wine... but mostly because I don't like wine.

Friday the 13th sucked, real bad.  I took Brady to the pediatrician to find out that he needed steroids for his croupy cough and tested positive for strep.  As I am paying my co-pay on the way out I see the parking authority coming around the park which mean... a parking ticket.  That fucking street sweeper doesn't even clean the street yet comes down every street 4 days a week in JC.  My really awesome peditrician gave me back my co-pay but really I think she was afraid of the meltdown I was .23 seconds from having.

I head to Target to pick up his prescription and we walked 3 steps inside the door and Brady vomits.all.over.the.fucking.place.  I didn't bring a diaper bag with me so I was stuck using cart wipes to clean us up.  Meanwhile Harper is walking off and I left my wallet on top of the cart corral.  I hurry them into the bathroom where he pukes again and I am informed that this Jersey City Target is exo-friendly and doesn't have paper towels.  If I could have flushed myself down the toilet at that moment I would have.  I get him cleaned up as best as I could and bag up the vomit clothes.

OK, we are good lets head down to the pharmacy... oh no wait, its their lunch break and come back in 35 minutes.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!  Fast forward, we get our meds, a new talking Finn McMissile because my guilt was on overload, a giant pepsi and head home.  Friday the 13th can suck it.  As I replayed my traumatic day Jim informed me there were 3 Friday the 13ths this year.  Awesome-sauce.

We spent Saturday listening to the brattiest 3 year old ever and on Sunday decided to head home to see Mimi, Pap, and Uncle Tommy.  A change of scenery was just what the Dr. ordered.  He seems to be on the mend today so here's to hoping happy Brady comes back soon.  And Sissy?  yeah she's still here... see:

12-1-17-here-16.jpg

That middle picture is Baby Bee, Brady's new friend, taking a nap with her milk.  How sweet??
12-1-17-here-19.jpg12-1-17-here-23.jpg12-1-17-here-24.jpg

At least he looks better.... even if the crap coming out of his mouth is hurting my feelings.
12-1-17-here-27.jpg

And I am just noticing now that they were both wearing plaid today.  Carry on....
12-1-17-here-28.jpg

12-1-17-here-30.jpg12-1-17-here-31.jpg12-1-17-here-32.jpg

12-1-17-here-37.jpg

12-1-17-here-34.jpg12-1-17-here-35.jpg12-1-17-here-36.jpg

12-1-17-here-42.jpg

12-1-17-here-43.jpg

Of course he had to try the necklace too.
12-1-17-here-45.jpg

12-1-17-here-47.jpg

12-1-17-here-48.jpg

12-1-17-here-53.jpg

12-1-17-here-54.jpg

12-1-17-here-55.jpg

She never sits still.  That's a book on her head, lugging a tool box around, and playing with said tools.
12-1-17-here-58.jpg12-1-17-here-62.jpg12-1-17-here-66.jpg

12-1-17-here-68.jpg

We spent the afternoon today pretending a lot, which was a nice change of pace.  He packed a suitcase for a trip on an airplane, we went to our beach house, we went to the movies. he only packed the essentials... a blanket, a car, and 2 stuffed animals.  Remind me to not let him pack for Disney next week.
12-1-17-here-75.jpg

And lastly.... this morning I went to Brady's school and took pictures of all the kids with the speech bubble.  The teachers asked them what their New Years resolutions were and we wrote them down.  I can't share all the kids pictures but here is Brady's.  I am sure I just being biased but I think his was the sweetest and best resolution.
12-1-17-lilmasters-16.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment