Thursday, January 5, 2012

nailpolish

On Monday night I was getting ready to paint Harper's toenails.  I pulled out a few colors and let Harper choose and Brady walked in on this.  I have asked him a bunch of times before if he wants his nails painted and he always says no.  Well this time he said yes, and I peed myself.  He picked dark blue and was so excited.  I got Harper set up and he was right there waiting his turn.  I didn't think he would go through with it but he did and sat so still, which he NEVER does.

Once they were dry he was hysterical to watch.  We caught him many times putting his feet up on the couch to admire his blue toes.  Then it was tubby time and he was so worried it would wash off.  At bedtime he wouldn't let me tuck him into the covers because he was afraid it would rub off under the covers.  The next morning he was afraid to get dressed for school because he thought it would come off.  Now he hardly notices them but I do and chuckle every.single.time.

No need to get your panties in a bunch if you think painting a boy's toenails blue is weird.  I think its funny (even if Jim did NOT).  And it will come off, eventually.  And he can just add it to his list of things to talk to his future therapist about.  Like me mom always said "go tell Oprah, maybe she will buy you a car."  And for the record, he did ask for his fingernails to be painted too and I didn't let him.  So I do have some standards.

12-1-4-15monthsold-24.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-25.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-27.jpg12-1-4-15monthsold-28.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-34.jpg12-1-4-15monthsold-35.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-36.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-39.jpg

12-1-4-15monthsold-42.jpg

And just to balance out the oddity of a boy wearing toenail polish here is a picture of cute little girl painted toes.  I painted them the color she picked but it wasn't cute so I redid them. I figure while she doesn't put up too much of a fight I am going to get my way.
12-1-4-15monthsold-16.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment